One of the wonderful, witty, and talented bloggers I have met since I began blogging here nominated me for the Liebster Award. Her blog, Enchanted Seashells is always interesting, and often gives me a smile and a good chuckle. I must say I am truly honored and grateful for this award, especially since I have just been blogging for my own fun and enjoyment. This award is for blogger’s with 200 or less followers, but to me it is still quite special. After all an award is an award, right?
Here are the rules: I need to nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, and link their sites to this post. Make sure you check them out because even if they are small, it doesn’t mean they don’t have brilliant things to say! I must say I may cheat a little, they may have a little more than 200 followers. I also have to post 11 random things about myself, and create 11 questions for the people I nominate to answer.
11 Random things about me:
1. There is nothing better in the world then crawling into bed in freshly laundered sheets. The smell, softness, and crispness is blissful.
2. I am obsessed with Katy Perry. Okay, and I’ll admit Jennifer Garner too. I will choose to be honest.
3. One of my favorite movies is Elektra. Corny I know, but I love how kick ass Jennifer Garner is in this role. I have probably watched it over fifty times (actually probably upward that,) and it is just as good every time. On a side note I have also seen every episode of Alias three times through. Needless to say Jennifer Garner can kick butt.
4. I have an obsession with clean carpets. I LOVE to see the lines in the carpet after they have been vacuumed.
5. I am originally from Fort Collins, Colorado, but currently live in a small town in Iowa. I will always call Colorado home though, no matter where I live.
6. I love to read romantic thrillers. Karen Rose, Julie Garwood, Karen Robards, and Linda Howard are all some of my favorite authors.
7. During high school I was in a drama troupe, and performed in 3 plays. This is quite funny since I was PAINFULLY shy, and hated to be the center of attention. I always pulled it off in a perfect fashion though, how I did this to this day I’m not sure.
8. I still sleep with a stuffed animal, and I am not ashamed of it. His name is Spot, he is a Dalmatian, and is 2o years old. I don’t know what I will do when I get married and can’t sleep with him anymore???
9. I love nail polish. I would keep polish on my nails all the time if the upkeep wasn’t so high. I can’t stand to have chipped polish. Glitter, black, and funky colors are my favorite.
10. I love British television. I swoon every time I watch “North and South” with Richard Armitage. A must see!
11. I have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Human Services, and hope to go back to school in the fall to get my Masters in Library Science.
The Questions I had to answer:
1. Question: How old were you when you first learned to read? I am really not sure. I know I could read a little before kindergarten, so I would say between the ages of 5 and 7.
2. Question: Name two of your favorite books. Oh so hard to choose! Probably “Superstition” by Karen Robards, and I really enjoyed reading “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain.
3. Question: What’s your favorite holiday dessert? It may not be a holiday desert, but we always make it around the holidays. Cherry pie a-lam-ode!
4. Question: What is a Merchant Marine? Okay I had to Google this. The Merchant Marine is the fleet of ships which carries imports and exports during peacetime, and becomes a naval auxiliary during wartime to deliver troops and war material.
5. Question: Who is your role model? My mom is definitely someone I look up to as a role model. She has been through so much, but still stands strong and carries on. She has been a great mom. Also, I really love Jennifer Garner. Even though she is an actress, she juggles her career and family in such an orderly fashion. She has a great husband, is very down to earth, and seems like a very great mom. Both my mom and Jennifer Garner serve as role models for how I would like to live my life in the future when I am married and have a family.
6. Question: Who is your favorite movie star? As I mentioned before I am obsessed with Katy Perry, and again I also love Jennifer Garner, Reese Witherspoon, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Emma Stone. I am a bit of a celebrity junkie.
7. Question: Do you make new year’s resolutions? I used to, but I knew I would never follow through with them, so I stopped. I will make a list of goals of things I would like to achieve during the year though.
8. Question: What’s cluttering up your life? It’s worries and anxiety that have been cluttering up my life. Luckily I think they are on the way past me, and just in time for the holidays!
9. Question: Do you drive a car or a truck? I drive a 2005 silver Toyota Carolla.
10. Question: Do you know how to change the battery in a smoke alarm? I believe so. I think I have before, and if I haven’t I’m pretty sure I could if I had too.
11. Question: What is your best home remedy for a sore throat? Hot tea with honey and lemon, and salt water gargles.
Here are my questions for you:
1. Dog, cat, or fish?
2. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate?
3. What’s your favorite season?
4. Favorite movie?
5. Do you know how to jump a car battery?
6. Do you own a library card?
7. Morning person, or night person?
8. Books with paper pages, or e-books?
9. Have you ever flown on a plane, and if so did you like it?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. Are you afraid of heights?