So it may be a little early but I decided to start working on my goal list for the year 2013. I don’t do New Year’s resolutions because I never stick with them. They feel like empty words with no meaning, because I know I won’t follow through with them. So I decided to make a goal list instead. So much less pressure! They are just goals, if I don’t achieve one, so what? They are not hard fast things I have to adhere to, just things that I want to try to achieve. But at the same time it gives me things to work towards during the the new year, and it gives each day of the year meaning.
So here goes the list, in no particular order of achievement!
1. Work out regularly. Since it soon will be winter it will probably be workout DVDs, but at least that allows for variety!
2. Start school in the fall to get my MLS degree.
3. Meet my soul mate.
4. To work towards reaching my goal weight, and develop an athletic attitude. I want to be fit and healthy, not just skinny. It will take time, patience, and willpower but I finally feel like it’s time I can achieve this. It’s my time to shine!
5. Pay down my debt and budget more wisely.
6. Learn to hip hop dance.
7. Read and finish at least 1 book each month.
8. To marry the man of my dreams at the courthouse, and have a party in our backyard for friends and family. I want to marry a man that will love me for who I am forever, flaws and all, and I will love him the same way back. We will weather many storms together, as well as many times of happiness, and he will be a wonderful, responsible, and loving father to our children.
9. Start saving money each month. Even if it’s just $5. My goal is to start saving up an emergency fund of $500-$1000 dollars.
10. Find time to meditate everyday. I want to be healthy mentally, just like I want to be physically. I can find peace, joy, relaxation, tranquility, and happiness by making my mind healthy and strong.
11. Develop lean muscle. I would love to have arms and a back like this! Plus developing muscle will help with my repetitive motion injuries, a win-win.
12. De-clutter my apartment and organize it.
13. Cut refined sugar, white flour, and dairy out of my diet so I can stop having migraines.
14. Attend a live Katy Perry concert.